Attention, juniors! Here's your checklist as you head back to the classroom:
- If you haven't yet made a testing plan (think PSAT, PLAN, ACT, SAT, SAT IIs, AP exams...), do it now.
- Research colleges by browsing online. Enter the email addresses of any college of interest in your address book so emails get through the spam filter.
- Make sure you have a challenging, college-prep course load. If you feel your course load needs adjusting, discuss this with your advisor, counselor or principal prior to the start of the school year.
- Talk with your parents about planning a college road trip.
- Try out a net price calculator - with your parents, if possible. Set aside 15 – 20 minutes, and visit the financial aid website of one of the colleges on your list, or try one of the net price calculators available at http://netpricecalculator.collegeboard.org/ to begin to understand financial aid.